Thank you Jessica James photography!!!
Ok, soooo – this is how my day started, THAT is an orange gooey something stuck to my ceiling. Yes STUCK – I say this because it took tongs and a chair for me to retrieve them, but if that is the worse that happens I am ok, right??? I love my life I promise, but I question my abilities as a mother each and every day…
This is chicken on my shoulder from a sneeze – it was all over my skirt and legs too 🙂 I love him, I do, but having a toddler is a humbling experience.
Update May 2014
5. Okaloosa Island has the boardwalk and the Gulfarium which is worth seeing really. It’s not the biggest aquarium, but my kids dig it. www.gulfarium.com
6. Harborwalk at Emerald Grand – lots of little shops along the harbor and great places to eat, an arcade, and a laser vault A little touristy, but hey, when in Rome… UPDATE They now have a zipline and when it is NOT raining this as well as paddle boards, jet ski’s, fishing trips and dolphin cruises and the awesome Pirate Ship as well as many events along the water like fireworks and art shows!!! Emerald Grande Events
7. Baytownewharf! I dig it – again, it’s outside, but if it’s not pouring, it works Great food, little shops, zip lines, rock climbing, arcades, mini golf range (for kids), obstacle course, laser guns, ice cream, coffee and music. www.baytownewharf.com
8. Serenity by the Sea – inside the Hilton at Sandestin for a day at the SPA or the Emerald Grande has an awesome Spa!!! Love both – Emerald Grande has a better view, the Hilton has a hot tub, very nice!
9. Pedicures!!! Manicures!!! A great way to spend the day – boys included –
10. Grand Boulevard – more shopping, food and soon to be movies!!! UPDATE definitely movies and a movie theater!!! Grand Boulevard
11. Silversands outlets – food and shopping of course!
12. Sunstations (next door to fat daddy’s) has black light mini golf and laser tag.
13. Geocaching – there are a bunch around here and the kids love it – with a bit of our help It’s like a grown up treasure hunt. Try www.geocaching.com
14. Ice Cream!!! We have the Marble Slab, a new Dairy Queen, Brusters, Shakes, Kilwins, Dippin Dots, Yogurt Mountain, U Twirl, Deep South Sno Treats – I am sure I am missing some – let me know!
15. Bounce Party Playzone in Mary Esther – just over the bridge – fun fun fun!!! rain or shine!
16. Destin Library – worth a visit!
17. It’s a quick visit, but it’s what Destin is all about The Destin Fishing Museum!
18. The Track!
19. Big Kahunas! Now if it is raining a lot with lightening this is an obvious no go – but otherwise – the kids LOVE it!!!
20. 2 words. RED BOX
Ok – so I have to update – it is obviously raining again –